If you’re seeing a “theme is missing the style.css stylesheet” error when you try to preview or activate a WordPress theme, it means that the theme is missing its main stylesheet. The stylesheet is required for the theme to work properly. There are a few ways to fix this error:
- If you’re using a child theme, make sure the parent theme is installed and activated. The child theme will not work without the parent theme.
- If you’re using a custom theme, make sure you have uploaded all the necessary files to your server. The theme will not work without all the required files.
- If your theme is missing the style.css stylesheet, you can simply upload the missing file to your server. If you’re not sure how to do this, you can contact your web host for help.
- The easiest is to simply upload the missing style.css file to your theme folder. You can also try renaming the theme folder or copying the contents of the style.css file into the theme’s header.php file.
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the theme developer for help.